I am delighted to invite you to the Forward Ladies Celebration of International Women’s Day on the 6th of March.
This exciting event will feature personal insights from three very successful local Yorkshire women in business: Baroness Farsi, Tricia Stewart and Charlotte Armitage, who are all on different stages of their incredibly inspiring journeys.
We could spend the whole day talking about the challenges women still face today but you’ve heard them all before so we won’t be doing that. Instead, come along to our International Women’s Day to hear how these women did something to overcome their challenges.
We are all about #makingchangehappen. Join us to create change in your life and business. The event is being held on 6th of March from 12:00 – 14:30 at the Leeds Club, 3 Albion Place LS1 6JL, Leeds.
This will be an opportunity to meet and network with women from a range of backgrounds who share an interest in supporting other women in business.
A bit more about our speakers:
- Baroness Warsi is a Yorkshire born ex-cabinet minister who served in David Cameron’s cabinet and went on to work in the Commonwealth office.The daughter of a Pakistan mill worker who rose to become the first muslim to sit at the cabinet table and the youngest ever peer aged 36. The woman from a working class background who mixed with everyone from Pope Benedict XVI to Hilary Clinton and who gave it all up for what she believed in.She is also a lawyer and entrepreneur who ran her own practice before entering politics. Baroness Warsi is a very influential woman who has topped UK chart of most powerful women.
- Yorkshire’s very own Tricia Stewart was the driving force behind the alternative WI Calendar that became a worldwide phenomenon.Tricia has an amazing and inspirational story to tell. The movie Calendar Girls and the West End stage play of the same name is based on her story. Not many people can say they have been played on screen by Dame Helen Mirren and on stage by everyone from Linda Bellingham to Anita Dobson! 10 years on, how has this initiative changed her life?
- Made in Leeds TV presenter Charlotte Armitage is an actress, presenter, model and businesswoman, who owns The Yorkshire Academy of Film and Television Acting (YAFTA) and YAFTA Talent Agency. Currently working with Made in Leeds television, in the next few months, Charlotte is due to launch a business programme showcasing the region’s talent and expertise in business and entrepeneurship. Last year Charlotte was shortlisted for the Forward Ladies Women In Business Award – Start Up Business Woman of The Year. Charlotte is dynamic and engaging and will host the event offering opportunity for guests to engage with the panel in a Q and A session.
Please do feel free to invite any friends or colleagues who may be interested in coming along.
Whats included in the ticket price
- Iinspirationl speeches
- Panel in a Q and A session.
- 2 course meal and a glass of wine
To reserve your place(s) click the link below http://bit.ly/1BzazzC
or call Forward Ladies T: 0845 64 34 940 if you have any questions.
With very best wishes and hope to see you there.
PS:This is a unique and exciting way to entertain clients, reward staff whilst also building your network.