According to a survey, 17% of women rank retirement as their top money goal, behind stability, lifestyle and financial independence. However, 50% of women say it is challenging to plan for the future due to the day-to-day demands. Source: PIMCO
Retirement planning continues to be a huge challenge for many women due to financial illiteracy, lower wages, and many other factors. For this month’s mentoring session, we are pleased to have Jillian Thomas, founder of Future Life Wealth Management, to enlighten us for on;
- How to plan for your retirement – when do I start?
- How much do I need, and what’s my number?
- How to maximise tax efficiency in retirement and ensure that all the family benefit
- Simplifying the mysteries of income requirements in retirement
Make a date with us on the 25th of October, 2022, from 1 pm -2 pm. This event is for Premuim Members only.
About Our Guest
Jillian established Future Life Wealth Management in 2009 in the midst of a global financial crisis.
When it was pointed out to her that starting a business at that time may not be a good idea, she simply replied that she did not intend to participate in a recession!
The seeds of Future Life Wealth Management had been sown back in 2004 when Jillian was caught up in the Boxing Day Tsunami while on holiday. Although she says it was the worst thing that ever happened to her, Jillian credits this experience with making her reassess her own future life and be pivotal in her decision to set up the company.
Originally from County Durham, Jillian moved to Sheffield with her family when she was 13. She found school difficult because of her then undiagnosed dyslexia and having to take a year out due to glandular fever. When she left school, she worked at Guardian Royal Exchange Assurance in Sheffield as an administration assistant, before becoming a financial planner in Mansfield.
She started Future Life Wealth Management with her own savings and after much planning. Originally based in offices in the beautifully converted stable block of Renishaw Hall, Jillian moved the company to its current more practical offices nearby in 2014. The new offices at Ravenshorn Way, were twice the size to keep up with demand and equipped with the hi-tech conferencing and IT facilities (as well as the all-important coffee machine and sweetie bowl!)
Jillian says she is privileged to have the trust of others to manage their financial affairs, their wealth and their children’s well-being and education. Her particular areas of expertise include pensions, tax advice, investments, inheritance and retirement planning.
How can I attend?
1. If you are already a Premium Member of Forward Ladies, this event is included in your membership, and you can book using the Members Only ticket option
2. You can become a Premium Member of Forward Ladies by going to https://www.forwardladies.com/join-us/ Then you can use the Members Only ticket option
3. If you do not wish to sign up to Membership, you can attend this event for a one-off cost of £15.99
If you have booked on to the event using the Members Only ticket option and you are not a member, your booking will be cancelled.