Don’t set your goals high, set your goals right. One of the best things you can do instead of writing resolutions is to focus on your priorities and who you want to become.
Here at FL, we created The Ultimate Goals Guide to help you focus your mind and plans each time you set new aims. The beginning of a new year seems like a brilliant time to use it, as we look forward to fresh challenges and achievements.
You can download your free copy of the #goalsguide via the link below. Meanwhile, here are some ideas to advise on how you can set your goals this year to become an achiever.
- Focus on ONE big thing that you want to achieve. After reading the guide, you’ll realise the power of doing fewer things for greater impact.
- If you are unclear on what your one big goal is, then take some time to figure it out, to save you pushing yourself to achieve things that will ultimately burn you out but give you little fulfilment.
- When planning, focus on who you want to be when striving towards your goals – not the physical or material things necessarily. Although these are great, you need goals that you and others can connect to emotionally. For most people, fulfilment and happiness will not come from things. You know yourself.
- Focus on the long-term. A year might seem like a long time, but it’s not long enough in the scheme of our lives. Focusing on the short-term will push you to make decisions to give you immediate gratification, but could stop you from achieving any bold, long-term goals; which tend to have greater impact and require a longer and sustained effort.
- Every minute of every day matters, so you need to be aware of how you spend your time and focus it on your goals – preferably your one big thing. Let your schedule reflect your priorities.
- Whatever your goal is, multiply and magnify it by 10! Yes, that’s right. We can struggle to stretch ourselves and to dream up new goals. Be bold and set goals that s-t-r-e-t-c-h you. Even if you don’t achieve them, you are guaranteed an extraordinary experience and results beyond your normal expectations.
- You need rest to be more effective, so scheduling in downtime and holidays is a must! This is more important than you think. Your health and emotional wellbeing are the foundations you need for everything. This downtime helps you build your resilience for potential tough times ahead.
- You need people. So, make time to nurture current relationships and develop new ones. The bigger your vision, the more support you’re likely to need to achieve it. Learn to manage these relationships and know when it’s time to move on.
- Stay positive. The hard times and challenges will come. For sure. You will be criticised and even fail, but it’s better to fail your way by daring to be great than to play it safe.
- Make sure all your decisions work to minimise regrets later in life!
So, let’s set some goals and live our best lives. To download your free copy of the FL #goalsguide, CLICK HERE.
Happy New Year!
Did you enjoy this article? Here is what you can do!
Sign up to become a FREE Member here.
Please let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.
Share it with your network, go on, spread the love.