FOR FORWARD LADIES
Negotiable depending on experience
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Are you looking for a new challenge? Ready to take the next step in your career?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the forwardladies.com team, the UK’s largest and most inclusive women’s membership organisation, as an Editorial Manager.
You’ll be working within a successful virtual Team.
In joining forwardladies.com, you will play a crucial role in developing the newly created position of Editorial Manager. This position would suit someone who is experienced and looking for fresh, flexible and more purpose-driven work and has a passion for diversity and inclusion and an interest in digital content creation.
We are going through an exciting new phase and need experienced hands to take us on this journey. In addition, we are looking to build an in-house editorial team as content plays a big part in our standing as a community for women and thought leaders in the diversity and inclusion space.
This role reports to the managing editor and has a particular focus on managing the forwardladies.com website. The focus will be on covering relevant news articles relevant to our female and employer audiences.
You will publish research papers, inspirational feature stories, survey analysis and opinion pieces, individual case studies, thought leadership articles, using our surveys and membership for stories and features, newsletters etc. You will need to manage our contributors and generate feature ideas.
You will also be expected to attend relevant webinars and conferences from time to time.
In addition, you will support our CEO with our internal PR – building press lists and liaising with key contacts.This is a new role in the business and one that we’re excited about.
The ideal candidate will have experience:
- A degree in journalism or English, or demonstrable alternative experience and aptitude
- A strong sense of what’s newsworthy and topical to women and employers
- The ability to write clearly and accurately and to be able to digest information quickly
- Strong editorial skills, including writing, sub-editing and using a digital content management system (CMS)
- Experience writing newsletters
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to create and manage content and editorial creation, sign-off and publishing processes
- An understanding of SEO techniques, including use of keywords, menus, tags and other
- metadata to optimise pages for search, so content is easy and intuitive to find and navigate
- A creative, collaborative and enthusiastic attitude
- A good home IT set-up is essential, with broadband.
- Familiarity with Word Press
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate and a fulfilling role with a purpose-driven business!
Please apply by sending your CV. In addition, please include a Cover Letter explaining your interest and relevant skills/experience to our CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications without covering letters will not be considered.
We will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.